Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A New Decade, A New Hope . . . .

Welcome to An Ordinary Hope. 

I am an ordinary wife. An ordinary mom. An ordinary Catholic who spends most of her liturgical year in Ordinary Time. Ha! I just thought of that. . . . 
That's really how I've seen much of my life as an insider looking out. Blessedly ordinary to be sure, but ordinary. 
And then there's hope.
Only recently have I understood what hope truly is. For most of my life, I mistakenly thought it was more like wishful thinking, not accepting reality. I couldn't have been more wrong. And since I have understood what hope truly is, it has changed my whole outlook on life. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. 
Sometimes I forget, especially when anxiety wants to steal my day, but the truth of hope is always there to remind me and show me back.

So here it is. An ordinary wife/mom/Catholic with a hope that's extraordinary. 


Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- St. Teresa of Calcutta



No comments:

Post a Comment