Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Love Your Family.

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family."
-St. Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa)

There is a lot of inspiration from Mother Teresa in our home, but this my favorite, and by far the most challenging. It can be easy to think that to change the world, I have to go somewhere else, when, in fact, I have to begin right where I am. 
Although Mother Teresa accomplished great things, she lived her life simply--through prayer and one small yes to God at a time helping the people nearest to her. 
Every wound cleaned mattered. 
Every glass of water mattered. 
Even when she couldn't feel God's presence, which actually encompassed several years of her life, He never left her and she never wavered from her prayer or her mission. 

Every load of clean uniforms matters.
Every time I patiently repeat myself three times matters. (It's the THIRD time that ALWAYS gets me. . . ugh.)
Every glass of water matters.
It all starts at my own kitchen sink, the most important mission field.



No comments:

Post a Comment